What is VEVO?
You are a music freak and you love watching videos on YouTube. But wait, Have you ever noticed something like “VEVO” at the bottom of the music videos? Something like this? What is VEVO?
Ever wondered why most of the music videos on YouTube have a “VEVO” label?
Lets get to know more about it in this post.
Here is a snap from Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee.
Even, many channels have VEVO at last
What is VEVO?
- “VEVO” stands for “Video evolution.”
- It is a group of two of the three most popular music record labels “Sony BMG” and “Universal Music Group. ” (Warner Music Group, the third most popular, has also joined it in August, 2016).
- It was founded in 2009 and came into attention after a Nicki Minaj‘s video “Stupid Hoe.”
- VEVO is not available worldwide as it only available in the US, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand; so if you live outside those countries, your only option is YouTube. It is still good though as VEVO does have its own channel in YouTube that also features music videos.
How does the VEVO work?
- It’s all revolve around advertisement.
- The money earned by YouTube is divided into 4 parts:
- They even have their own website , where the money earned (comparatively much less than what YouTube earn) is divided into only two parts: VEVO and the artist.
Why didn’t the artists make their own label, with knowing that they will earn more?
- Well, it’s not safe. Everybody knows that it’s 21st century going on and spamming is just a cup of tea. There were also some instances in the history where the stolen video had got more views than the original video!
- VEVO ensures the artist that no one can copy their video, as all the copyrights are in the hand of one of the most respected label: VEVO.
How long this will go?
- Nobody knows it. Till the time VEVO and artists are comfortable with YouTube, it will remain the same.
- If somehow VEVO take out all it’s content from YouTube you will no longer able to see them, for free. (God bless the Torrent).
A Bonus Fact
I would like to add a bonus fact in addition to this.
Recently, a new music video “Look what you made me do” launched by Taylor swift had broken all the existing records on YouTube and VEVO. Furthermore, It had got 43.2 million views in just 24 hours after uploading!
In conclusion, it’s also the fact that whether it is VEVO or YouTube, all we want is music.
Finally, I hope I have got a noteworthy for you guys.
Therefore, I wish you guys would like follow my blog.